Nominations are Open for the 2021 Spirit of Hope Awards!
Nominate a Youth, Individual or Group Today!
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation is pleased to announce we are accepting nominations for the 2021 Spirit of Hope Awards! Every year, St. Joe’s presents the awards to honour those who have overcome mental health or addiction challenges, or made significant contributions to those fields.
Recipients receive the awards during the annual A Mental Health Morning, where this year’s keynote speaker Serena Ryder will be discussing her own personal struggle with anxiety and depression.
There are three award categories, with one award being presented in each:
- Youth or Youth Group/Organization*
The awards recognize individuals, groups and organizations in the Hamilton, Niagara, Haldimand, and Brant communities which have made significant contributions to one ore more of the following areas:
- Building awareness of mental health and addiction issues in our region
- Reducing the stigma associated with mental health and addiction
- Advancing knowledge in the area of mental health or addiction research
- Advocating for positive change relating to mental health and addiction issues
- Providing support or treatment to people with mental illnesses and/or addictions, their families, and/or caregiver
The deadline for nominations is August 31, 2021 at 12 p.m. noon, and award recipients will be announced on October 7, 2021 at A Mental Health Morning.
Listen to inspiring stories from last year’s recipients, and nominate a youth, individual, or group for the 2021 Spirit of Hope Awards today! For details, visit here.
*Youth under 19 years of age are eligible to be nominated for the awards. A youth group/organization must provide services to youth under 19 years of age to be nominated.