Whether we’re in need of specialized instruments to operate our surgical robot or a new x-ray machine in Diagnostic Imaging, equipment is essential to everything we do. But with regular wear and tear and technological advancements, our tools often need to be repaired or replaced. You have the power to improve care, enhance treatments, and help patients get better, sooner by supporting vital equipment needs at St. Joe’s.
As our population ages and grows, our Hospital is serving more patients than ever before. We can respond to the increasing need for care by making sure our facilities are state of the art. Currently we’re planning:
- To redevelop St. Joe’s Pyschiatric Emergency Service (PES) to:
- Enable more coordinated patient care between PES, the Emergency Department, and other areas of the Hospital
- Provide a more private environment for patients and families; and one that is more conducive to healing
- Reduce occupancy on Inpatient Units
- Improve length of time required to accurately assess, stabilize and evaluate patients in crisis
- Ensure the best mental health and emergency services at the same time
- The redevelopment of our Charlton Campus Dialysis Centre to include:
- More space and privacy around each bed
- Separate, quiet reception and waiting areas for patients and families
- Dedicated clinic rooms for 1:1 consultations and care
- Re-designed work stations for staff, meaning better communication with care providers
- The creation of an Integrated Cardiology Service, including:
- Centralized services so patients can have related tests and procedures completed in one place
- The creation of an Urgent Cardiology Clinic
- The expansion of the physical space to include a comfortable patient and family waiting room and more clinic rooms
Your generosity will ensure we have the funds needed to expand, update and enhance our Hospital.
In Canada, 1 in 4 individuals will experience a mental illness or addiction in their lifetime, and each and every one of us will be touched by it in some way. St. Joe’s is the regional leader in adult and youth mental health care, treating a broad spectrum of mental illnesses, including anxiety, depression, eating disorders, bi-polar disorder, addiction, schizophrenia, and more. Your support will help us continue to deliver compassionate care in a safe, stigma-free, and friendly environment.
St. Joe’s is an academic research hospital with more than 500 clinicians, scientists, students, and staff who are bringing us one step closer to discovering new treatments and even cures. Our five key areas of research are:
- Lungs & Chest
- Mental Health & Addiction
- Innovation in Healthcare Delivery
Two areas of focus include supporting the newly established Urological Oncology Research Centre and the creation of the Institute for Thoracic & Lung Disease.
Your support helps us equip our laboratories and research centres with knowledgeable staff and the tools needed to keep improving care. Want to learn more? Check out The Research Institute of St. Joe’s Hamilton.
St. Joe’s robotic surgical program is among the best in the country. But the cost of our leading-edge program is not covered by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care, meaning your donations are vital to both its existence and ongoing operation. Donations enable:
- the 334 robotic surgical procedures that take place each year in the Boris Family Centre for Robotic Surgery, including the cost of the specialized equipment the surgery team needs
- St. Joe’s to be the home of Canada’s first MAKO Rio Surgical Robotic System, which is being used in knee replacement surgeries and will eventually expand to include research into hip replacement and other orthopaedic surgical needs
- our Hospital to look to the future of robotic surgery and begin now, seven years after the purchase of the first da Vinci Surgical Robotic System, to raise the funds needed to purchase the next generation surgical robot, the da Vinci XI Surgical Robotic System
One of the best ways you can make an impact is by giving an unrestricted gift that enables us to respond to important needs as they arise. This special kind of donation gives St. Joe’s the flexibility to support areas of care that will benefit most from your generosity by allowing us to cover unforeseen expenses, equip busy clinics and so much more.
For more information on our funding priorities and how you can make a difference at St. Joe’s, contact Dana Visocchi Rice, Vice President, Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-522-1155 ext. 35974.