Whether we’re in need of specialized instruments to operate our surgical robot or a new x-ray machine in Diagnostic Imaging, equipment is essential to everything we do. But with regular wear and tear and technological advancements, our tools often need to be repaired or replaced. You have the power to improve care, enhance treatments, and help patients get better, sooner by supporting vital equipment needs at St. Joe’s.
As our population ages and grows, our Hospital is serving more patients than ever before. We can respond to the increasing need for care by making sure our facilities are state of the art. Currently we’re planning:
- To redevelop St. Joe’s Pyschiatric Emergency Service (PES) to:
- Enable more coordinated patient care between PES, the Emergency Department, and other areas of the Hospital
- Provide a more private environment for patients and families; and one that is more conducive to healing
- Reduce occupancy on Inpatient Units
- Improve length of time required to accurately assess, stabilize and evaluate patients in crisis
- Ensure the best mental health and emergency services at the same time
- The redevelopment of our Charlton Campus Dialysis Centre to include:
- More space and privacy around each bed
- Separate, quiet reception and waiting areas for patients and families
- Dedicated clinic rooms for 1:1 consultations and care
- Re-designed work stations for staff, meaning better communication with care providers
- The creation of an Integrated Cardiology Service, including:
- Centralized services so patients can have related tests and procedures completed in one place
- The creation of an Urgent Cardiology Clinic
- The expansion of the physical space to include a comfortable patient an family waiting room and more clinic rooms
Your generosity will ensure we have the funds needed to expand, update and enhance our Hospital.
In Canada, 1 in 4 individuals will experience a mental illness or addiction in their lifetime, and each and every one of us will be touched by it in some way. St. Joe’s is the regional leader in adult and youth mental health care, treating a broad spectrum of mental illnesses, including anxiety, depression, eating disorders, bi-polar disorder, addiction, schizophrenia, and more. Your support will help us continue to deliver compassionate care in a safe, stigma-free, and friendly environment.
St. Joe’s is an academic research hospital with more than 500 clinicians, scientists, students, and staff who are bringing us one step closer to discovering new treatments and even cures. Our five key areas of research are:
- Lungs & Chest
- Mental Health & Addiction
- Innovation in healthcare delivery
Two areas of focus include supporting the newly established Urological Oncology Research Centre and the creation of the Institute for Thoracic & Lung Disease.
Your support helps us equip our laboratories and research centres with knowledgeable staff and the tools needed to keep improving care. Want to learn more? Check out The Research Institute of St. Joe’s Hamilton.
For decades, St. Joe’s has been making waves in the field of robotic surgery. Our Hospital was home to Canada’s first robotic surgery, it’s where the world’s first tele-surgery was performed, and it is internationally recognized for it’s leadership in urologic and thoracic (chest) robotic surgery through the Boris Family Centre for Robotic Surgery.
Now, St. Joe’s is home to Canada’s first MAKO Rio Surgical Robotic System, which will first be used to research patient benefits following knee replacement surgery and will eventually expand to include research into hip replacement and other orthopaedic surgical needs.
A whole new frontier of robotic resarch is on the horizon, help fund our cutting-edge robotic surgical program.
One of the best ways you can make an impact is by giving an unrestricted gift that enables us to respond to important needs as they arise. This special kind of donation gives St. Joe’s the flexibility to support areas of care that will benefit most from your generosity by allowing us to cover unforeseen expenses, equip busy clinics and so much more.
For more information on our funding priorities and how you can make a difference at St. Joe’s, contact Dana Visocchi Rice, Vice President, Development at email@example.com or 905-522-1155 ext. 35974.