Whether we’re in need of specialized instruments to operate our surgical robot or a new x-ray machine in Diagnostic Imaging, equipment is essential to everything we do. But with regular wear and tear and technological advancements, our tools often need to be repaired or replaced. You have the power to improve care, enhance treatments, and help patients get better, sooner by supporting vital equipment needs at St. Joe’s.
As our population ages and grows, our Hospital is serving more patients than ever before. We can respond to the increasing need for care by making sure our facilities are state of the art. Currently we’re planning:
- The redevelopment of our Charlton Campus Dialysis Centre to include:
- More space and privacy around each bed
- Separate, quiet reception and waiting areas for patients and families
- Dedicated clinic rooms for 1:1 consultations and care
- Re-designed work stations for staff, meaning better communication with care providers
- The creation of an Integrated Cardiology Service, including:
- Centralized services so patients can have related tests and procedures completed in one place
- The creation of an Urgent Cardiology Clinic
- The expansion of the physical space to include a comfortable patient an family waiting room and more clinic rooms
Your generosity will ensure we have the funds needed to expand, update and enhance our Hospital.
In Canada, 1 in 4 individuals will experience a mental illness or addiction in their lifetime, and each and every one of us will be touched by it in some way. St. Joe’s is the regional leader in adult and youth mental health care, treating a broad spectrum of mental illnesses, including anxiety, depression, eating disorders, bi-polar disorder, addiction, schizophrenia, and more. Your support will help us continue to deliver compassionate care in a safe, stigma-free, and friendly environment.
St. Joe’s is an academic research hospital with more than 500 clinicians, scientists, students, and staff who are bringing us one step closer to discovering new treatments and even cures. Our five key areas of research are:
- Lungs & Chest
- Mental Health & Addiction
- Innovation in healthcare delivery
Your support helps us equip our laboratories and research centres with knowledgeable staff and the tools needed to keep improving care. Want to learn more? Check out The Research Institute of St. Joe’s Hamilton.
One of the best ways you can make an impact is by giving an unrestricted gift that enables us to respond to important needs as they arise. This special kind of donation gives St. Joe’s the flexibility to support areas of care that will benefit most from your generosity by allowing us to cover unforeseen expenses, equip busy clinics and so much more.