STRATEGIC PLAN: 2023-2028
For more than 50 years, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation has partnered with grateful patients and our community of donors and friends to raise funds that enable our Hospital to deliver the very best care to all those in need while pursuing healthcare research to advance the future of care. It is with this legacy in mind that we embark on our next five-year strategic plan. We will leverage the Building, Leading, Learning and Caring pillars of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton’s strategic plan, integrate the innovative work of the Research Institute of St. Joe’s Hamilton, and remain true to the values of our Founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Hamilton. Through our relationship with St. Joseph’s Health System, we will strive to bridge the gaps in healthcare funding for our Hospital, foster innovation in care and research, and impart how every donation to St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation inspires hope, supports healing, and fosters new discoveries at our Hospital.
- Proudly share stories of philanthropy, innovation, compassion and care with a focus on the signature programs and transformational research underway at St. Joe’s. Stories will demonstrate how donations of all sizes enhance the lives of our patients and empower our care teams to deliver the very best care. Stories will share patient, healthcare worker and donor “voices”, educate our community on the funding gaps in the healthcare system and impart how philanthropy can help.
- Ensure seamless alignment with our Hospital partners while leveraging an optimal mix of earned, paid, owned media and harnessing our shared social channels to maximize our reach and build our donor and advocacy base.
- Ensure our communications reflect the communities we serve and make our content more accessible to all of our stakeholders and audiences.
- Expand and build our donor base by identifying new audiences, and deepening our reach into our current audiences, to build profile for the Hospital and by extension, support for the Foundation. This will strengthen our culture of community engagement and support.
- Strive to make our fundraising activities accessible to a community of donors, sponsors and volunteers that is diverse and reflective of the region St. Joe’s serves and the people our organizations employ.
- Increase our support of SJHH’s needs through meaningful grants enabled by our community of donors. Harness the potential of principal, major and planned giving growth while valuing the essential role mid-level giving, the annual fund and event-based fundraising play in building those programs.
- Explore the potential of new revenue generating opportunities to support and diversify our funding sources.
- Assess our fundraising activities to ensure the Foundation follows a continued growth path to provide funding for the maximum impact on the mission of St. Joe’s. Strategically focus resources on programs with the highest ROI (both financial and non-financial) and regularly evaluate performance against forecasts and expectations.
- At every opportunity, assure donors, volunteers and partners of their value to St. Joe’s by acknowledging their support, increasing meaningful engagement and effectively demonstrating the impact of contributions of all sizes and types.
- Build trust by demonstrating our values of transparency and accountability as we develop stewardship and engagement plans that are customized to our diverse audiences to foster meaningful relationships.